This was the champion slice in the unofficial vegan pizza challenge! It blew the margherita pizza out of the water.
Obviously this was the winner, cause you can basically smell it through the screen. It’s quite the concoction, too. Vegan chik’un strips coated in tangy BBQ sauce, red onion slices, arugula, and that vegan ranch… ALL on a pizza? It’s basically heaven on a plate.
Plus, have you ever dusted your pizza crust with seasoned pistachios?! No? Well, this BBQ chik’un pizza with ranch is gonna change your life.
Watch the vegan pizza challenge below and let me know in the comments if you try out this BBQ chik’un pizza with ranch and what you think of it!
bbq chik’un pizza with ranch
All your pizza dreams have come true with this incredible creation. This BBQ chik’un pizza with ranch was the champion in the unofficial vegan pizza challenge!
- 1/4 C shelled unsalted pistachios
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 C vegan chicken strips (I used 2 packages of Yves brand)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil (for frying chik’un)
- 1/4 C BBQ sauce (or you can use half BBQ and half hot sauce)
- 1 C vegan mozzarella style shreds
- 1/2 C thinly sliced red onion
- 2 C arugula
- To make the vegan ranch, follow my recipe here.
Heat a pan over medium heat with vegetable oil and break up or finely chop vegan chicken strips even more with your hands or a knife. Brown the strips for 4 to 5 minutes, then add BBQ sauce and cook another minute until well coated.
- Grind up pistachios in a coffee grinder until a fine powder is formed. Pour out the pistachio dust into a small bowl and stir in sea salt (if the pistachios are unsalted) and garlic powder.
Dust the pistachio crumbs all over the crust. Make your own from my recipe here or you can find pre-risen pizza dough in the deli section of most grocery stores.
Add vegan mozzarella style shreds, red onion, and BBQ chicken strips.
Bake the pizza in an oven preheated to 450°F. Add arugula during last minute of baking to slightly wilt it.
Thin out the vegan ranch with a bit of nondairy milk or water and drizzle it on top of the pizza before serving.