This easy vegan sweet potato mash is going to make your Thanksgiving feast complete! Sweet potatoes are basically the perfect food because they’re super nutritious, and equally delicious on their own. Mash ’em up with delicious spices, nutritional yeast, and some vegan butter? Now that’s a side dish no one can refuse! It’s creamy, sweet, and savory, AKA a perfect combination.
It also goes great with all the other fixin’s of a vegan holiday meal. Not sure where to start? Why not take a stab at creating my crazy holiday creation, the vegducken!
Check out the recipe video below for a full how-to or keep scrolling for the full recipe.
easy vegan sweet potato mash
This easy vegan sweet potato mash is creamy, sweet, and savory.
- 8 C diced sweet potato (peeled or unpeeled)
- 6 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp dill
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 C pecans, toasted and chopped (optional)
- Boil a large pot of salted water and once at a rolling boil add the diced sweet potato. They should take approximately 10 minutes to cook until tender. Drain the potatoes and add them back to the pot.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except the pecans) and mash with a potato masher until smooth. Top with pecans and serve immediately!