** as seen in the September issue of Clean Eating Magazine
If your locks are looking less than lustrous, especially after all the swimming and sweating from the summer, get to the root of it with this all-natural moisturizing hair and scalp treatment we created for the September issue of Clean Eating Magazine.
citrus sage and scalp treatment
- 2 fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 grapefruit, juiced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp jojoba oil (NOTE: you could also use cold-pressed olive oil too)
1. Add sage leaves to ¼ cup boiling water and steep until cool.
2. Into a small bottle, pour juices and oil. (TIP: Use a salad dressing or oil bottle with a small spout for easy application to your scalp.)
3. Remove sage leaves from water and add sage water to juice-oil mixture.
NOTE: Although this treatment is generally safe for all hair colors, use with caution if you’ve recently colored your hair.