You’ve probably seen a lot of small-batch baking floating around the internet. It’s nothing new! But now I’ve finally given it a try. This recipe for vegan white chocolate macadamia nut cookies makes 2 large cookies about the size of your face. So it’s like eating 2 cookies in 1!
These cookies are absolute perfection! Usually, my baking adventures start with a personal craving and I recently had a mad craving for white chocolate macadamia nut cookies. I have never made them and never had a great one from anywhere even in my pre-vegan days, so I wanted to try my hand.
My cookie dough is foolproof and the base I use for the s’more cookies. The mix of white and brown sugar is necessary for the perfect, taste, texture, and color on your cookies! I ordered Baker’s Choice white chocolate chips from Amazon and used them in the recipe below, but now they’re nowhere to be found on the site?! I’ve seen Enjoy Life makes vegan-friendly white chocolate chips as well.
Expect white chocolate macadamia nut cookies that are just the perfect size with the most tantalizing golden brown edges and a perfectly chewy center! I always like to place more chocolate chips or toppings on the cookie dough ball before baking so that you can see them once they’re out of the oven. You can customize these cookies as well with other mix-ins like dried fruit, citrus zest, different nuts etc. Let your imagination run wild!
vegan white chocolate macadamia nut cookies
- ¼ C salted vegan butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp unsweetened vegan yogurt, apple sauce or any thicker liquid/puree
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ C all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- pinch sea salt (optional, but definitely add ¼ tsp sea salt if your butter isn’t salted)
- ⅓ C vegan-friendly white chocolate chips + 1 tbsp to sprinkle on top of the cookies before baking
- ¼ C macadamia nuts, toasted and chopped
- Flaked sea salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl use a rubber spatula and cream the butter together by spreading it along the sides of the bowl and scooping it together again. Once smoother looking add sugars and continue to cream together with the spatula until well combined.
Add vanilla extract and yogurt and mix together well. Add all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, white chocolate chips, and macadamia nuts, or any other mixins you’re adding and stir together until well combined.
Divide the dough into two balls on a large baking sheet well spaced apart. Do not flatten the cookie dough. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of white chocolate chips on the top of the cookies, gently pressing them in to stick.
Bake for about 22 minutes. The edges will be golden brown and the cookie will be much flatter. Slightly bang the baking sheet on a wire rack when you set it down. Cool for at least 5 to 8 minutes before removing the cookies from the baking sheet onto the wire rack with a large spatula.
- I no longer eat a homemade cookie without flaked salt on top, so go ahead and do that right out of the oven if you so desire!