You’re not going to believe this one-pot stroganoff is made with Impossible™ Beef Made From Plants, because it tastes as meaty and hearty as any original recipe you’ve had in the past. I’m so excited to partner with Impossible™ Foods to bring you this recipe that’s easy to make in one pot on busy weeknights!
I posted a quick how-to video on my YouTube channel to show you step-by-step how this one-pot stroganoff comes together! Watch it below.
You’ll see how the Impossible™ beef sears and cooks just like beef from cows. The ingenuity is amazing, as there’s no compromise on texture and flavor! My one-pot stroganoff recipe packs lots of flavor from two kinds of mushrooms, and a few seasonings and herbs! This dish is entirely plant-based because I use ruffled durum wheat pasta instead of egg noodles—traditionally in stroganoff. I also included plant-based sour cream and butter, but don’t worry, it will still be extra rich and creamy. You’ll have a hard time resisting eating the whole pot to yourself! But if you do have leftovers it reheats easily too. I just microwave my serving for 2 to 3 minutes until heated through.
Bookmark this recipe or print it from the recipe card below. The next time you’re looking for a quick, easy, and filling meal you have this one ready to go. You can find Impossible products near you by searching here. It’s usually located in the meat section of grocery stores.
One Pot Impossible™ Stroganoff
- 4 C hot water
- 2 ½ tsp vegan beef-flavored bouillon paste (or 2 to 3 cubes) amount used will depend on the brand you use
- 1 tbsp neutral vegetable oil
- 1 pkg Impossible™ Beef Made From Plants, cubed
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- ¼ C salted plant butter, divided
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 5 oz sliced shiitakes
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 10 oz ruffled wheat pasta (gigli or campanelle)
- 3/4 C plant-based sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1/2 C fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine hot water with bouillon paste or cubes and combine. Set aside.
In a wide deep skillet or dutch oven over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon neutral vegetable oil. Cut Impossible Beef Made From Plants into chunks or cubes and place them in the hot skillet. Season with sea salt and ground pepper to taste. Brown for 3 to 4 minutes then toss and brown the other sides about another 3 to 4 minutes. Once cooked through remove the Impossible Beefbpieces from the skillet into another dish and set aside.
With the skillet still over medium heat add 2 tablespoons butter and the sliced onion and cook, stirring occasionally to scrape up the brown bits in the pan, until the onions are softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Add cremini mushrooms, shiitakes, thyme, and remaining butter and cook, stirring occasionally scraping up any brown bits until the mushrooms have released some liquid and are starting to crisp, 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in the garlic, Worcestershire, and dijon and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add pasta and all the stock, and stir to combine. Cover with a lid and bring to a boil cooking for 8 to 9 minutes or until pasta is al dente.
Lower heat to a simmer and stir in sour cream and parsley until well combined. Add the Impossible beef pieces back in and stir to combine. Serve immediately hand garnish with fresh ground black pepper to taste and more parsley.