If you’re here because you’re ready to #levelupyourleftovers then let’s get right to it! In order to whip up this creamy vegan pumpkin chowder, you’ll need to have about 1 cup of leftover pumpkin cheese fondue as well as the roasted pumpkin bowl you ate it in. If you didn’t save the pumpkin bowl I’d suggest getting another pie pumpkin and roasting it the same way so you get a deep and delicious pumpkin flavor in this chowder. You can use the same amount of canned pumpkin puree, but it won’t be entirely the same.Jump to Recipe
The recipe for this vegan pumpkin chowder couldn’t be easier! Check out how it comes together in the video below or keep on scrolling for the recipe.
If you want to try something different with the leftover pumpkin cheese fondue try the creamy pumpkin paccheri pasta featured in the video!
vegan pumpkin chowder
From pumpkin cheese fondue to a creamy pumpkin chowder full of roasted pumpkin! This cozy meal is going to your new fall fave.
- 1 C leftover pumpkin cheese fondue
- 2 C roasted pumpkin flesh (scooped from the pumpkin bowl) OR use canned pumpkin puree
- 2 C water
- 2 tsp vegan chicken-flavored bouillon
- ¼ tsp ground sage
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper, plus more as garnish
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- ½ C finely chopped celery
- ½ C finely chopped carrot
- ¼ C finely chopped shallot
- ¼ C finely chopped leek
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 C fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh sage
- 2 C finely chopped curly kale, stems removed
- 1 C store-bought croutons, as garnish
- ½ C shredded vegan parmesan, as garnish
In a blender combine leftover pumpkin cheese fondue, roasted pumpkin, water, bouillon, ground sage, ground black pepper, and nutmeg until very smooth.
Heat a large stock pot or Dutch-oven over medium-high heat with vegan butter. Once butter is sizzling add celery, carrot, shallot, and leek and sauté for about 3 to 4 minutes. Add dried thyme and stir to combine, sautéing another 2 to 3 minutes, until onions and leeks are softer and translucent. Lower heat slightly, if needed, to prevent burning. Stir in corn and cook 2 to 3 minutes, only stirring once. Add all the blended broth and fresh sage, and bring to a low simmer. Once mostly heated through add kale, and let it wilt for 2 minutes. Serve immediately and garnish each serving with croutons, vegan parmesan, and ground black to pepper, to taste.