I made this bbq jackfruit pizza with creamy roasted garlic sauce on Instastories a while back, and it was a hit! I was so into it that I wanted to share it with a special someone on YouTube… she’s one of the Most Popular Girls In School and her name is Deandra. She has a super charged robo-arm, too. If you’re totally confused right now, watch my latest video below.
This pizza is loaded up with bbq jackfruit, which if you’ve never cooked with it, now’s the time! Check out this post for the roasted poblano and jackfruit tacos.
I break down which brands I recommend and everything you need to know about cooking with jackfruit! This pizza also has kale on it, but don’t be alarmed. The secret is massaging it with some olive oil, lemon, and sea salt. I promise you’ll be wondering why you’ve never had kale on your pizza before!
bbq jackfruit pizza with creamy roasted garlic sauce
This is the best pizza I’ve ever had! A creamy roasted garlic sauce and bbq jackfruit shreds are a magic combo you never knew you needed.
creamy roasted garlic sauce
- 3/4 C raw cashews, soaked for 20 minutes in hot water
- 1 garlic bulb
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 C water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt + pinch
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper + pinch
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 can young jackfruit in brine/water
- 1/2 C bbq sauce
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 C finely chopped kale
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- pinch sea salt & ground black pepper
- 1/2 C thinly sliced red onion
To roast the bulb of garlic, preheat the oven to 400°F. Cut the whole bulb in half lengthwise and coat with 1 teaspoon of olive oil on top of the cloves and a pinch of sea salt and ground black pepper. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and soft.
Once the garlic is roasted, set your oven to 475°F for the pizza.
- Meanwhile, drain the jackfruit from the brine or water in the can in a sieve and squeeze out the excess liquid using your hands, pressing the jackfruit. Pat dry with a paper towel and shred by hand into shreds or smaller pieces in a mixing bowl. Remove any tough core pieces or seed pods if you like. The pods are edible but don’t always look nice unless you break them up into much smaller pieces.
Toss the jackfruit shreds in the bbq sauce, smoked paprika, and chili powder and set aside.
Massage the chopped kale with lemon juice, sea salt and ground black pepper until it’s softer and wilted, then set aside.
- I made a thin crust pizza with a half portion of homemade dough. It’s the same amount for most store bought balls of pizza dough which you can find in the deli section or frozen section of most grocery stores.
- Lightly flour your counter surface, a rolling pin, and your hands. Place the ball of dough on the flour and press it down and slightly outward with your fingers. Then roll it out to about 16 to 17 inches wide. You’ll need a 16-inch aerated pizza pan or you can use a pizza stone. Lightly oil the pan and place the rolled out pizza dough on top. Gently stretch it out to the edges and form an edge for the crust all around with your fingers.
- To make the creamy roasted garlic sauce, take the soft roasted cloves out of the outer skin and place in a high powered blender. Be sure to drain and rinse your cashews from the soaking water before adding to the blender with the fresh water and the remaining ingredients. Blend on high until very smooth.
- Use about half the garlic sauce and spread evenly around the base of the pizza. Then top with the sauced jackfruit and red onions.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Then add the kale and bake for another 4 to 5 minutes until the kale looks crispier and dark green and the crust is golden brown. The onions and bbq jackfruit will also have a bit of caramelization.
- Drizzle with remaining garlic sauce on top of the pizza before cutting and serving. You’ll also have enough garlic sauce left over for dipping!
11 thoughts on “bbq jackfruit pizza with creamy roasted garlic sauce”
Hi I really want to try this. The recipe says 1/2 C etc. What does the C stand for.
I made this last night and it is my new favorite pizza. Who knew pizza that didn’t have cheese would be so good?! The garlic sauce is amazing and I plan on having it in my fridge at all times.
I made this about five times now and it’s for sure my fav pizza, sooo good and satisfying. Thanks for sharing!
Totally yummers!! We made our own BBQ sauce but apart from that stuck to the recipe. Everybody who tried it, loved it!!
awesome! Happy to hear that 😀
Pre vegan I wasn’t a pizza lover but this pizza is a game changer!!! All of my non vegan family and friends love it !!! It’s one of my go to’s when hosting a get together as I know everyone will love it.
Thank you for this delicious dish. I also make two serving of the garlic sauce as it’s delicious on other foods. Well it actually gets taken from my house lol.
Amazing Pizza!!! Taste better than what I remember!
BEST pizza ever ever ever.
Hi, can you please share your pizza dough recipe? Thank you.
it mightb be online somewhere because people copy it OR if you search DOUGH on the site I’ve used it in other recipes!