Here’s a fun and fruity way to change up your chips and salsa routine! All you have to do is add sweet watermelon and peaches when they’re in season.
This watermelon peach salsa keeps it real with all the usual ingredients, but gets an extra kick from some delectable fruit. Not to fret, salsa connoisseurs – this is still super savory! There’s even a couple tablespoons of diced jalapeños for an extra bite. It was recently part of the watermelon 3 ways video which you can check out below.
If you’re itching to use up the rest of the melon, try the watermelon couscous salad or fizzy watermelon floats.
watermelon peach salsa
This salsa keeps it real with all the usual ingredients, but gets an extra kick from watermelon and peaches!
- 1 C finely chopped watermelon
- 1 peach, finely chopped
- 1/4 C finely chopped red onion
- 1 vine tomato, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped jalapeño
- 2 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves
- 2 tbsp finely chopped basil leaves
- 2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate before serving.