the best vegan macaroni salad

the best vegan macaroni salad_hot for food

This super easy and oh-so-tasty meal was born in the latest RECIPE?! video! I’m calling it the best vegan macaroni salad, and you’ll see why when you try it. I’m really getting into stretching recipes and ingredients as far as they can go. And it’s amazing for you, so you can use up everything you create in the kitchen within a few days and enjoy different meals!

The dressing for this pasta salad is made from the tofu caesar salad dressing I transformed from the tofu feta in the greek salad and used in the chicken caesar wraps! Whoa… confusing much!

Anyway, here’s the concoction I came up with but feel free to add any veggies you like. You can also can use the vegan caesar dressing or the creamy cucumber dressing or a mix of both for the dressing!

Then if you’re really hot for food you can put this vegan macaroni salad on top of the pulled bbq mushroom sandwiches… because, carb the f!%@$# up!

the best vegan macaroni salad_hot for food

the best vegan macaroni salad_hot for food
4.75 from 4 votes

the best vegan macaroni salad

The simple things like pasta and creamy caesar dressing are what really matter in life. Make the best vegan macaroni salad right now!

Keyword macaroni salad
Cook Time 8 minutes
Total Time 24 minutes
Servings 6 servings

• 3 C macaroni
  • 3/4 C caesar salad dressing (or creamy cucumber dressing)
  • 1 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
  • 2 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
  • 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
  • 1/3 C finely chopped celery
  • 1/3 C finely chopped carrot
  • 1/3 C finely chopped cucumber
  • 1/2 C finely chopped red onion
  • 1/4 C finely chopped basil
  • 1/4 C finely chopped cilantro

1. Cook the macaroni noodles until al dente and rinse under cool water. Drain well.
  2. Combine the noodles with the vegetables and herbs in a large bowl.
  3. Add vegan mayonnaise, dijon mustard, and ground black pepper to whatever dressing you're using or combining! This will just give it a bit more creaminess and tanginess. BUT taste it! It might need more acidity in which case add a little bit of apple cider vinegar. This is totally customizable. Remember I just made this up on the spot using leftovers in the fridge, so you can adjust to your liking.

4. Pour the dressing over the noodles and vegetables and toss until well coated. Refrigerate until ready to serve. This could be made the day ahead for the flavours to really mesh together!

• ari 3 years ago

I made the macaroni salad literally rn ! and I loved it I also topped it off with hot sauce, I honesty suck at cooking & somehow mess everything up but this was a success at the end and I’m pround of myself. My non-vegan mom tried it she said it needs salt but I’m use to a low sodium lifestyle so I didint add so much that’s why I put hot sauce (: ty I will definitely make this again .

• Fiona 3 years ago

In Louisiana, people are really particular about their potato salad and their macaroni salad. I made this for a cookout and didn’t tell anyone it was vegan (bc they’re small minded and wouldn’t eat it lol), and it was the first dish gone. Everyone asked me for the recipe. So good!

• Susanne 3 years ago

Thank you so so much, this salad is soooo good, I made a huge bowl! At first I wasn’t quite sure about the basil/cilantro combo, but it DA BOMB. I will have to try very hard not to eat it all right now 😉

• Carlie Doll 3 years ago

Seriously the best thing ever!! No one new it was vegan until I (the vegan) started eating it! This is the perfect addition to any summer BBQ and it will be a lunch box staple for me this school year!

• Carmen 3 years ago

I’ve probably made this five times since this recipe was posted. It’s top notch. No one knows it’s vegan when we take it to food days at work. So freaking good.

• Delfina Hoxha 3 years ago

I woke up at 2pm after staying up dancing till 6 and even though I reaaally didn’t feel like cooking, you inspired me and I did and i loved it. Sending un hungover-less kisses!

• Kashish 3 years ago

Really ,Its best vegan macaroni salad i never before eat this type of salad.The recipe shared by you is totally different that i followed before it by me.The taste of this salad is yummy,ready to eat in few minutes.I loved it so much!!!!!

• Emilie 3 years ago

Just like mom used to make (but vegan!) I added some pieces of Follow your heart vegan smoked Gouda, sooo delicious.

• Kat 3 years ago

I made this yesterday and it was insanely good! I cannot believe you created the recipe for the best macaroni salad I’ve ever had just on the fly, during a Recipe? video. My family was in awe that the creamy dressing was actually vegan 😀

• x 2 years ago

My parents loved this. They said it’s delicious.

• Taylor Reed 2 years ago

Aww, I miss my mom’s macaroni salad but she puts chicken strips on it. So this one I want to try the vegan macaroni salad. I am currently salivating, well, I need to buy macaroni salads tomorrow and check on the leftovers in my fridge.

• Tay 2 years ago

This really has been the best macaroni salad that I’ve ever had. I love that I could get the consistency of dressing that I wanted. This was a hit with my husband, who eats vegan at home but still eats meat about once a week when he is out of the house. I ate one bowl and he ate the rest over two days. It kept well in the fridge and I just stirred it up on two day before serving it. We used one Banza brand of chickpea pasta box, next time will use 2. Added 2 tbs of Sir Kensington chipotle vegan mayo for a lil kick and it was perfect. Loved the basil and cilantro in it! Thanks for creating amazing vegan meals. Much love.

• Shannon 2 years ago

I made the pasta salad with the creamy cucumber dressing and i LOVED it!!! i did have to use gluten free noodles because i made it for a friend…and i found that the second day round it was not as creamy. but oh my goodness! so delicious 🙂 I love this blog!

• Jenn 2 months ago

So delish! Love all the fresh veggies that make this feel kinda healthy. I use the cucumber dressing recipe and it adds a good bit of creaminess to this. I take this to picnics and feed my carnivorous friends and everyone loves it! Thanks Lauren!