This super easy and oh-so-tasty meal was born in the latest RECIPE?! video! I’m calling it the best vegan macaroni salad, and you’ll see why when you try it. I’m really getting into stretching recipes and ingredients as far as they can go. And it’s amazing for you, so you can use up everything you create in the kitchen within a few days and enjoy different meals!
Anyway, here’s the concoction I came up with but feel free to add any veggies you like. You can also can use the vegan caesar dressing or the creamy cucumber dressing or a mix of both for the dressing!
Then if you’re really hot for food you can put this vegan macaroni salad on top of the pulled bbq mushroom sandwiches… because, carb the f!%@$# up!
the best vegan macaroni salad
The simple things like pasta and creamy caesar dressing are what really matter in life. Make the best vegan macaroni salad right now!
- 3 C macaroni
- 3/4 C caesar salad dressing (or creamy cucumber dressing)
- 1 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/3 C finely chopped celery
- 1/3 C finely chopped carrot
- 1/3 C finely chopped cucumber
- 1/2 C finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 C finely chopped basil
- 1/4 C finely chopped cilantro
- Cook the macaroni noodles until al dente and rinse under cool water. Drain well.
- Combine the noodles with the vegetables and herbs in a large bowl.
Add vegan mayonnaise, dijon mustard, and ground black pepper to whatever dressing you’re using or combining! This will just give it a bit more creaminess and tanginess. BUT taste it! It might need more acidity in which case add a little bit of apple cider vinegar. This is totally customizable. Remember I just made this up on the spot using leftovers in the fridge, so you can adjust to your liking.
Pour the dressing over the noodles and vegetables and toss until well coated. Refrigerate until ready to serve. This could be made the day ahead for the flavours to really mesh together!