I’ve gotten a ton of requests to make a picnic-inspired video! I had a picnic coming up myself, so I figured it was the perfect time to give y’all what you wanted.
This is the perfect combination of picnic recipes if I do say so myself, and of course, they’re all vegan! Any omni in the crowd will be happy to devour these goodies with ya.
My sangria recipe is the perfect on-the-go bevvy for hot days. It’s only four ingredients, and super easy to carry on the go if you have some mason jars or bottles on hand! Just keep ’em in the fridge until you’re ready to go.
Next up is a tasty AF lentil slaw! It’s light, crunchy, and basically screams “summer”. You can eat it on its own, or do whatever your #hotforfoodie heart desires with it! It’d taste great in wraps, sandwiches, or whatever other crazy creations you can think of.
Third on the picnic recipe agenda: super simple wraps that are easy to pop in your mouth! There’s lots of variations of these with cream cheese as the base, but I opted for a hummus and avocado instead. These are also super versatile, so feel free to follow my recipe or improvise depending on which fillings you like best!
OBVI this wouldn’t be a hot for food picnic without a sweet treat at the end. I’m obsessed with cookie dough just like most people on the planet. But we all know eating raw eggs gives you salmonella… or at least, that’s what we’re all told as kids. Lucky for us vegans, we don’t gotta worry about that nonsense! This cookie dough ball recipe is ridiculously easy and only four ingredients.
Keep scrolling to unlock the secrets of my vegan picnic recipes.
easy summer sangria
A fruity and boozy drink is all you really need when the sun’s out!
- 1 bottle red wine
- 3 oz french brandy
- 2 C fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 C chopped fruits (orange slices, apple slices, lime slices, frozen strawberries)
Divide the red wine evenly into both large mason jars. Then add 1 1/2 oz of brandy per jar.
Submerge fruits into the mixture and top with 1 cup of orange juice per jar and a few ice cubes.
- Seal the jars and refrigerate until ready to go!
For this recipe I used 2 x 1 litre mason jars with tight fitting lids for easy transport!
easy hummus & avocado wraps
These could be modified however you want with different spreads and toppings!
- 4 to 6 whole wheat wraps
- 1 1/2 avocados
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- sea salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/8 C fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 3/4 C hummus
- 1/8 C sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/8 C pitted kalamata olives, finely chopped
- Mash the avocado with lime juice, cayenne, salt and pepper until very smooth. Spread an even layer on top of 2 wraps. Add roughly chopped basil on top of the avocado mash. Then roll the wrap tightly end to end. Cut with a sharp serrated knife into pin wheel rounds
Another option is you can place another wrap with a little bit of spread on the inside, face down onto the top to make a quesadilla. Then cut into triangles.
- Do the same for the hummus wraps and add sundried tomatoes and/or olives on top of the hummus layer. Keep refrigerated or in a cooler.
cookie dough balls
These super simple treats are the perfect snack for a picnic or even in a bagged lunch!
- 1 C natural peanut butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1 1/2 C almond flour
- 1/2 C vegan chocolate chips
- 1/4 C sweetened shredded coconut
In a large mixing bowl combine peanut butter, almond flour, and chocolate chips with your hands until it forms a cookie dough like consistency. It shouldn’t be too dry or too sticky. Be sure to stir the peanut butter very well to mix in the oil that settles on top!
Roll the cookie dough into bite sized balls and roll in shredded coconut. Freeze for longer storage or refrigerate until ready to serve or take on your picnic.