rainbow quinoa taco salad

rainbow quinoa taco salad_hot for food

My only diet secret is easy. Eat all the colors of the rainbow, most of the time! Just look at the spectrum of color in this Meatless Monday meal idea for rainbow quinoa taco salad. It’s full of flavor and I especially like the little zing from the creamy sunflower dressing. Taco salad is also a great way to get all the flavors you love in Mexican food, without consuming your weight in corn tortillas. You might not find a pot of gold at the bottom of this rainbow quinoa taco salad, but you’ll feel good eating it!

Watch how easily it comes together in the video below or keep scrolling for the recipe!

rainbow quinoa taco salad_hot for food

• Anna 3 years ago

This was great, loved the dressing especially!

• christine 3 years ago

Really tasty and healthy too! This packs so well for a hearty and light tasting lunch. The dressing is especially good.

• Me 3 years ago

Made this last night for dinner. Used kale instead of romaine and cucumber instead of corn. SO delicious!! Will make this again! I am eating the leftovers right now for lunch and it held up well. The kale isn’t soggy and the quinoa still has good texture. I ground the sunflower seeds/dressing ingredients in a basic Magic Bullet. Used a clove of garlic rather than dried garlic. I am so happy I found this blog. Can’t wait to try more recipes. This one was a hit!

how’s that magic bullet? Does it get things pretty smooth? Have you tried anything with blended cashews in it. Just curious! THANKS!

• Me 2 years ago

I watched the video for comparison and mine dressing was very gritty. Tasty, but gritty in appearance. I had to add an extra 1/4 cup water when pureeing in order to achieve a consistency that would pour out. I was concerned about the Magic Bullet’s performance with the sunflower seeds so I let them soak overnight. I have only used the Bullet for herbs, coffee beans, flax seeds, and smoothies containing only fleshy, soft ingredients (banana, peeled cucumber, melon, hemp seeds, etc) because it can’t handle fibrous or hard ingredients, even with liquid added. Once it ground up whole cloves for me, but it left the plastic cup so pitted I had to throw it out. This week I will attempt one of your recipes containing cashews and let you know how the Magic Bullet performs.

• Alison 2 years ago

Just made the sunflower dressing for another salad. So delish! Thanks so much for this recipe 🙂