vegan samosas

vegan samosas_hot for food

I’m obsessed with vegetable samosas. I’ve had all the store bought, convenience store, and restaurant kinds. I’ve even had a friend’s grandmother make me veggie samosas. Those were the best I’ve ever had… which is obvious, considering she is from India. So who am I kidding?! Me, make veggie samosas?! Pfffff, and not just veggie samosas… vegan samosas! I’m sure this goes against all tradition, but it’s not THAT big of a deal. The only real vegan-izing is with the homemade pastry, using vegan butter and nondairy milk. And not only did I decide to make the fragrant filling and the pastry from scratch, but I also decided I’d just whip up some homemade mango chutney for dipping. I am insane. Vegan samosas are officially a game changer.

I predict you’ll become obsessed with this combo of flaky pastry, veggie filling, and fruity dip! If so, you’ll also dig my mushroom asparagus quiche tarts with red pepper relish!

vegan samosas_hot for food

vegan samosas_hot for food

vegan samosas_hot for food

• Delishhh 9 years ago

When i go and eat Indian i order these all the time. Nice work. I might just save this recipe and try it out. You got my vote.

• Jackie 9 years ago

Mmmm…I have never seen a Samosas look so good!

• Heather 9 years ago

There are few things I love more than samosas. Yours look AMAZING. I’m really glad to know you can bake them without adversely affecting the taste/texture. Woohoo! 😀

• Reeni 9 years ago

These look crazy delicious! Great job – good luck in this round!

• eva 9 years ago

I enjoyed your sense of humor and your samosas look scrumptiously delicious!

• Need to Make: October 2010 | Tiny Green Kitchen 8 years ago

[…] The Front Burner: Farmer’s Market Fall Feast + Harvest Root Vegetable Pie Hot for Food: Vegan Samosas with Mango Chutney The Good Mood Food Blog: Zingy Quick and Tasty Stir-Fry Allotment 2 Kitchen: Broccoli meets […]

• Tanya Koudelka 2 years ago

Made these tonight on a whim and man alive they were amazing!! Hubby raved about the pastry. He is dreaming up other ways for me to use it. Thanks so much for sharing this!

• Lisa 2 years ago

These are so awesome. I switched the green peas for green lentils which was nice! And the mango chutney is <3

• Taylor McAneney 1 year ago

These are bomb! Mine didn’t look as pretty as yours but they are delicious. This is my first time really making Indian food because I was always intimidated by all of the spices. But it was so easy. The mango chutney is awesome too! I cheated and used frozen mango, worked perfectly.