chocolate chip almond butter cookies

These are no guilt cookies made with only six simple ingredients. They’re super cute and delectable because I made them extra small… only 2 bites! You could use natural peanut butter instead of almond butter if you like.

chocolate chip almond cookies_hot for food
0 from 0 votes

chocolate chip almond butter cookies

guilt free chocolate chip almond butter cookies are in your future.

Course Dessert
Cuisine American
Keyword almond butter, chocolate chip, chocolate chip cookies, cookies
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 24 cookies

• 1 C almond butter
  • 1/2  C maple syrup
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 C + 2 tbsp brown rice flour
  • 1/8  tsp sea salt
  • 1/3  C vegan chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350°F

2. If you're using a new jar of almond butter make sure to mix it well to combine the oil that has settled on top.
  3. In a mixing bowl combine almond butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Add flour and sea salt and mix until combined. Then fold in chocolate chips.
  4. Use 1 scant tbsp of dough per cookie. Form small balls of dough and slightly flatten each cookie onto parchment lined baking sheets.
  5. Bake for approximately 10 minutes. Remove from the oven onto wire racks to cool.

Recipe Notes

You can make these any size really, but your bake time may vary. Store in an airtight container at room temperature and consume within 4 to 5 days.

• Jennifer 9 years ago

I feel like I could reach into the screen and just grab the cookie. Wishful thinking!! 🙂 Looks so yummy!
    (P.S. YÜ is my favourite milk too!)

• lauren 9 years ago

these are pretty peanut buttery! Give them a try and let me know if you like!

• Weekly recipe roundup | Vegtastic 8 years ago

[…] Hot for Food’s Peanut Butter cookies, shared by Sweet on Veg. They’re gluten-free, virtually flourless, sweetened by maple syrup, […]

• hot for food » Burgers & Brubeck 8 years ago

[…] treated me to a piano serenade of Take Five by Dave Brubeck. Best ever! And we ate ourselves into chocolate chip peanut butter cookie […]

• Jennifer 8 years ago

I made these cookies today! Seriously AMAZING!!! I can’t stop eating them though. So good!!!

• Leigh-ann 8 years ago

Yummy, made these today but with ground oatmeal instead of rice flour (not available where I live) – absolutely delicious, thank you!!

• Shay 3 years ago

Thank you to the blogger for the inspiration in many of your recipes. They are greatly appreciated. To Leigh-ann, thank you for your comment, I was looking for a sub for the rice flour.

• Brent 8 years ago

I went and bought peanuts ground into a nut butter with nothing else added, is this what you meant by ‘natural peanut butter’? It came out a little bitter. Maybe I was supposed to use natural peanut butter in a jar instead of fresh ground with nothing added.

• lauren 8 years ago

nope that’s the right kind. the maple syrup sweetens it. Its much better than buying the crappy Kraft stuff that has so many preservatives in it. If you still find it too bitter you could increase the maple syrup and sea salt SLIGHTLY!!

• Zainab 4 years ago

Hi, instead of using rice flour, can I use a gluten free flour mix instead? Thank you

I haven’t tried using a gf flour mix, but I imagine it would work. Why not try it out and let us know!

• Tiffany 4 years ago

Do you think almond meal/flour would work?

I think it it would! The nut butter is what makes it stick. They might crumble more after being baked, but give it a try and let us know.

• Michele @ TwoRaspberries 4 years ago

these look awesome! I absolutely LOVE cookies! the almond butter in here must have been amazing! 😉

they are! hope you try out the recipe. You can also use peanut butter or another nut butter if you prefer!

• Kira 3 years ago

I don’t have maple syrup, would coconut sugar work at all? would I need to add more liquid? 🙂 thankyou!

• Kristina 3 years ago

i made them twice within one week because they are so delicious!

YAAAY!

• Pierce Imperialbobis 2 years ago

Will these still work with regular flour?

pretty sure yes!

• Erica 2 years ago

I used regular flour and they turned out amazing!

• Erica 2 years ago

Love love love! I used half a cup of almond butter and half a cup of creamy peanut butter (in honor of national peanut butter day recently) and swapped un-bleached all purpose flour for the rice flour. They needed about 12 min in my oven and turned out chewy, soft and addictive! Thank you for the great share!

• Italia Pierfederici 1 year ago

I just wanted to express gratitude for this recipe. Since finding it about six months ago, I’ve probably made them 20-30x. True story. I exchange peanut butter for almond butter to make them less expensive and use regular flour. I’ve served them to countless non-vegans, with great results! Additionally, when I’m low on maple, I use agave and it’s quite lovely. THANK YOU!

• Jennifer Holden 1 year ago

I’ve been reluctant to make an almond butter cookie recipe, mainly because of the expense of almond butter — but these looked so good that I indulged, and I’m happy to report that these are absolutely worth it! So simple and easy and really delicious. Not only can I get my chocolate chip cookie fix in a healthy and vegan recipe, but I would say that these are even more satisfying than "traditional" ch.chip cookies. I used raw almond butter, and ran out of maple syrup so subbed in some agave (note: you need less sweetener when using agave). I also doubled the vanilla, just for fun. So GOOD!! I have to hide them from myself or I will eat too many. Thanks for the inspiration, Lauren!