vegan chocolate cupcakes with raspberry buttercream frosting

vegan chocolate cupcakes with raspberry buttercream frosting_hot for food

Behold, the vegan chocolate cake recipe of your dreams! These vegan chocolate cupcakes with raspberry buttercream frosting are the perfect accompaniment to your next birthday celebration.

What I love about cupcakes is they’re cake in a fun mini size and are great for sharing! Party guests will want to get their hands on one (or two) of these, ASAP! I dig the look of a pink cupcake wrapper and rainbow vegan-friendly sprinkles, but you can serve and decorate these however you’d like. I also think they look especially delectable on a cake stand platter – not that they’ll last very long on it!

Watch the how-to video below or keep scrolling for the recipe.

vegan chocolate cupcakes with raspberry buttercream frosting_hot for food

• Brittany 3 years ago

This could very well be an ignorant question – but if I wanted these to be gluten free, what would I need to do?

just use the 1 to 1 gluten free flour sub. Bob’s red mill makes an all purpose substitute flour

• Jacqueline 3 years ago

Is there a way to substitute the apple cider vinegar?

• CA 3 years ago

Any suggestions for a substitute for coconut oil? My daughter is allergic.

use vegetable oil

• Sarah 3 years ago

Do you think you could freeze the cupcakes and then defrost before icing?

hmmm I don’t think so!? I worry about the consistency getting messed up from thawing. Better fresher! BUT again, I haven’t tried it so if you were willing to, let me know what happens!

• Sarah 3 years ago

Thanks, will do!

• Tanya Koudelka 2 years ago

Made these last night and they were loved by all!! Will be making these again for sure. Thanks for the amazing recipes 🙂

• BryanS 2 years ago

This recipe is fantastic! I love all your recipes and it is so great having someone experienced like you to figure out all the equivalencies. Have you ever done or considered doing a soaked sponge cake desert like a tiramisu?

There is this dessert I had at Walt Disney World that has sooo much cream and other non-vegan ingredients that I am a little intimidated to even try to figure it out. I am overseas right now working for the Army and have "jonesing" for a "Zebra Dome". The recipe can be found at http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2009/06/23/recipe-bomas-zebra-domes/

Do you think you can make this and see how it comes out? Or maybe just take a look at the recipe and suggest how I could make this vegan?
    I mean, specifically, I don’t know what will work for gelatin, and ganache. Pretty sure I can do a decent sponge cake (though if you have a favorite recipe that would be great too). Also the substitutes for egg…applesauce, flax seed, prunes, or EnerG egg replacer…can those be used when the recipe calls for just egg white?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

so glad you liked it! Well I actually have a tiramisu trifle in the cookbook that will be coming out Feb 2018! So unfortunately or fortunately you’ll have to wait for our recipe 😉