Isn’t this arugula salad with peas and pistachios so bright and cheery! It’s also a super simple recipe. Whipping up a big plate of greens can be kinda boring sometimes, but not in the hot for food kitchen! I’m here to bring salads that you don’t totally hate.
I really love the microgreen baby arugula, but if you can’t find it, plain ol’ arugula will also do. The peppery taste combines great with fresh peas, radish, chives, and crunchy roasted pistachios. If you’re looking for some other ideas, check out the video below for 2 more easy summer salads or keep scrolling for this recipe.
arugula salad with peas and pistachios
This salad is bright, fresh, and crunchy. It’s a little peppery from baby arugula and radishes, and it all ties together with green peas and pistachios.
lemon tahini dressing
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp roasted tahini
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch sea salt & ground black pepper
- 6 C baby argulua
- 1 C spring peas or frozen peas, thawed in water
- 5 to 6 radishes, thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 1/4 C roasted & salted pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1/4 C finely chopped chives
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well.
If you're using frozen peas, let them sit in a bowl of water to thaw. Then drain well and pat dry before putting on the salad.
Because everything is so delicate in this salad, I assembled it all right on a large plate and then dressed it just before eating so nothing got too wilted or soggy.
- To assemble, pile the arugula on a large serving platter. Top with peas, radishes, pistachios, and chives. Dress at the table right before serving!