This eggless salad sandwich is essentially just like the original but better! That’s because it’s made with one of my favorite ingredients… tofu!
Oh lord, please give tofu a real chance if you haven’t. Unless you have an allergy, you can enjoy this versatile ingredient and rid your life of unhealthy eggs!
I’m a little passionate about plant-based eating after watching What The Health, a new documentary revealing the insane practices of the animal agriculture industry and the supposed health care industry in America.
This is not a sponsored post, I’m just all riled up again about eating vegan! PLEASE watch this film if you haven’t moved from omni or vegetarian living yet… please?! Okay… that’s too much talking for this blog… here’s the delicious recipe for you!
eggless salad sandwich
This eggless sandwich filling is rich, creamy, tangy and perfect to pack in protein at lunch!
- 2 C crumbled medium-firm tofu
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 C finely chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne (optional or to taste)
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/3 C vegan mayonnaise
- sea salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- kala namak/black salt (optional)
- 4 C kale, stemmed and ribboned
- squeeze lemon juice
- pinch sea salt
- 8 slices sprouted bread
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/2 an English cucumber, ribboned or thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- Combine all the eggless salad ingredients together in a bowl. Refrigerate and consume within 5 days.
Stack this sandwich however you please, but I added massaged kale with lemon juice and sea salt. I also added sliced tomato, ribboned cucumber, extra vegan mayonnaise, and piled it all between lightly toasted sprouted grain bread.
If your tofu is especially watery, squeeze out excess water through a sieve or nut milk bag. It doesn’t need to be completely dried out but if there’s too much water, definitely strain some out.