greek salad with mushroom walnut souvlaki

greek salad with mushroom walnut souvlaki_hot for food

This is a recipe I created for foodnetwork.ca when I was their resident vegan blogger! It was one of the first recipes I gave them. This vegan greek salad topped with mushroom walnut meatless patties (“souvlaki”), tofu feta, and a creamy cucumber dressing is a show stopper for dinner. And I recently featured it on the weekly YouTube show so you could see exactly how to make it from start to finish. Check out how to make this vegan greek salad below!

This recipe makes 4 servings with the exception of the tofu feta. But the tofu feta is a great thing to keep in the fridge and use for lunches and other dinner ideas. You could even make great meatballs with the mushroom walnut mixture to put on top of spaghetti. I’m just full of ideas!

greek salad with mushroom walnut souvlaki_hot for food

greek salad with mushroom walnut souvlaki_hot for food

• AshantiMoniC 3 years ago

I just started my vegan lifestyle this Monday. I’m allergic to walnuts and Brazilnuts. Is there another nut I can substitute for the walnuts, like almonds?

• Chew 2 years ago

heck yeah! you do you!

• Sara 3 years ago

This recipe is awesome, thanks so much! The tofu feta is seriously my new favorite food. I subbed equal parts cashew cream for the oil and vegan mayo in the dressing in an attempt to make a version with no added oil. It’s great!

• sarah blackler 3 years ago

Zomg, just made this tonight and Its amazing.
    The tofu feta is my new favourite!
    Aannnnddd with the left over im gunna make your Recipie?! for chicken Caesar. which, I’m sure, will also be amazing.
    Thanks!

sweet!!! hope you like the wraps too 😀

• Gabby 3 years ago

Do you think it would be okay to freeze the souvlaki for another time?

• Christine 3 years ago

I bet it freezes great!

• Christine 3 years ago

Oh my gosh this recipe is delicious! I tasted the mushroom walnut souvlaki last night after I cooked it with a glass of wine and I was in heaven! It took a LOT of restraint to not sit there and eat every little patty. I had to make it without the tomato paste because I forgot it so I can just imagine how it will taste with it! I plan on making these gems a lot. I think they’d be great as little sliders! I can’t wait to toss them on the grill for a little smokey flavor. my husband even likes them and he hates mushrooms! The tofu really does taste like feta.. and I may or may not be popping them like popcorn right now =x Thanks so much for the recipe and if you’ve hesitated to make it, don’t, it’s SO worth it!

• Zoe and Mia Lau 3 years ago

This is my first time making tofu feta. It was absolutely delicious! My sister and were shocked how close it was to feta cheese. We aren’t vegan but we are lactose intolerant so it is perfect for us to eat. Will definitely be keeping it in our repertoire and make it again and again and again. We posted it on our blog as well: https://sprinkleofvanillasugar.wordpress.com/2016/08/14/vegan-tofu-feta-cheese-gluten-free-nut-free-oil-free/

Thank you for all your wonderful recipe!

• cindy r. 2 years ago

I used that cucumber sauce and ohh boy was it amazing! Thank you !

• Meredith 2 years ago

The sauce is amazing
    I only marinated the feta for 3 hours and I think maybe it wasn’t enough. Next time I make this I’ll soak it over night
    Thank you for the recipe!

• Jynjer Rego 1 year ago

I haven’t tried the souvlaki yet but I make the tofu and dressing and add it to rice noodles as well as some chopped bell peppers and cucumber, topped with kalamata olives to make a filling and colourful pasta salad. Yum!!!!