sundried tomato carrot flax wraps

sundried tomato carrot flax wraps_hot for food

I recently got an old food dehydrator and it’s definitely a game changer! I think dehydrating became popular in the 80’s because that’s where the machine looks like it came from. Plus I have vivid memories of watching Ronco’s food dehydrator infomercials when I was a kid! This was all meant to be. So before you go any further, if you don’t have a dehydrator, I’m sorry but you can’t make these wraps. But please continue drooling over that veggie wrap, by all means.

The wraps I made above are stuffed with marinated mushrooms, avocado, red peppers, kale, and cashew tzatziki.

sundried tomato carrot flax wraps_hot for food

5 from 4 votes

sundried tomato carrot flax wraps

I've packed tons of veggies into these totally flavorful and delicious raw wraps.

Course sandwiches
Cuisine Raw
Keyword carrots, flax wraps, sundried tomato, wraps
Cook Time 2 hours
Total Time 2 hours 20 minutes
Servings 4 wraps

• 1/2 a white or yellow onion
  • 4 large carrots
  • 1 C sundried tomatoes
  • 3 garlic cloves
  • 1 C fresh parsley
  • 1 lemon, juiced
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • 1 1/2 C ground flax

1. In a food processor, combine all the ingredients except the flax until it's a fine meal. You could process it until it's really smooth and consistent, but I kind of liked the look of the wrap with a few variations throughout. Pour this mixture into a large mixing bowl and stir in the ground flax until well combined.

2. Spread out equal amounts of the mixture into thin round wrap shapes on the non-stick dehydrator sheets. You can make the wraps whatever size you want, keeping in mind that the size you make before you dehydrate is the size they'll pretty much be when they're dry.

3. Dehydrate at 105°F for 2 hours. Then remove from the non-stick sheets and dehydrate on the mesh sheets for 1 hour.

4. Store the wraps between sheets of parchment in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 14 days.

• Nolwenn Petitbois 5 years ago

Annn I don’t have a dehydrator, shoot. Looks good !

• Urska 5 years ago

hi,I just have one question: after you fill and fold them, how do you make them stay folded? thank you!

Hi Urska
      You could use a tooth pick through the wrap, but I found that they weren’t dry at all so they stayed folded really well as long as they’re not over stuffed. I just kept the folded part facing down on the plate to keep it wrapped and then you’re just being delicate when you eat them and ensuring you’re grabbing the wrap with your hands fully.

• Dawn 5 years ago

Well you were wrong about not being able to make these without a dehydrator. I used your recipe and placed them in my oven at 170 degrees(keep warm temp.) and then propped the oven door slightly open. It took longer then 2 hours…..I think around 3-4 hours this way. I flipped the last hour and I just finished a wrap stuffed with vegan cheeses slice,veganaise,and rainbow salad. It was delicious!!!! So all you people out there including the person who posted this recipe who thought they couldn’t enjoy these if they didn’t have a dehydrator…….go ahead and enjoy!!!!!! 😍 you totally can

I’m glad that worked for you! I know that an oven can be used as a dehydrator BUT I didn’t want to specify that kind of thing a) bceause my oven can’t go low enough to try that and b) "raw food purists" can be very picky. IE: anything that’s technically raw needs to be dried at 105F-115F max.
      BUT this is definitely a good option for those who aren’t worried about that. They’re still nutritious and delicious! Thanks for sharing your experience 🙂

• Christina Marie Pruitt 3 years ago

You’re the real MVP Dawn!!

• bee 4 years ago

Hello! The sun dried tomatoes, are they packed in oil?

I don’t believe they were in this recipe because they were going in a dehydrated item

• Medy 3 years ago

Great recipe and looking great, can you tell me please the above quantities will produce how many wraps? thanks in advance

• Chelsea 7 months ago

Whooaaa!!!!!! Holy shit!!! I love you!!! These are sensational!!! Bye bye sad life eat nothing!!! Omg I could hug you!!!

• Lauren Toyota 7 months ago

awww yay! happy you liked these!