Green smoothies are good for you. Period. Now it might take some courage to work up to drinking your greens if you’re new to this lifestyle, but trust me, your body will thank you for it. Ever since I went off coffee every morning, I’ve been drinking smoothies (mostly green ones) instead and I just feel so alive.
I like to add creaminess to my green smoothies with things like bananas, almond milk, and oil (either coconut or flax). It just helps with masking the idea of blended greens and I prefer this texture if I can’t have straight up green juice. I’ve also loaded this guy with protein in the form of hemp hearts and Vega One so it’ll do the body extra good first thing in the morning. So now it’s time for you to join team green!
the team green smoothie
Sip on the fresh flavors of this green smoothie any time of day!
- 1/2 C nondairy milk
- 1/2 C fresh apple or orange juice (or for something less sweet, you can use water or coconut water)
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 2 whole large leaves of kale (stems included)
- 1 green apple (cut off the core)
- 1/2 C fresh parsley leaves
- 2 pitted medjool dates
- 3 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 tbsp flax oil or coconut oil
- 1 scoop Vega One Vanilla Nutritional Shake
- 1 C ice cubes
Combine all the ingredients in a high-powered blender until smooth. Drink immediately!