You never have to steam or stir fry your broccoli again after you try this yummy broccoli hemp tabbouleh recipe. I’ve been on a bit of a raw kick lately! Raw food is amazing and so full of flavor, plus there are major health benefits to eating veggies in their true natural state. Broccoli is a tough one and I’m sure a lot of you don’t like raw broccoli. I didn’t for a very long time, until I left it sitting in lemon juice, olive oil, and sea salt for 15 mins and it began to wilt. The same way I know how to soften kale and collard greens works for everything like cabbage, mushrooms, and now broccoli!
broccoli hemp tabbouleh
This is a delicious way to enjoy broccoli in a salad, a wrap, or all on its own!
- 2 broccoli crowns, finely chopped into florets (approximately 4 cups)
- 1 C packed curly parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped mint (optional)
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 C finely diced tomato, seeds removed (2 vine tomatoes)
- 3 tbsp cold-pressed olive oil
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 C hemp hearts
Combine everything in a large bowl until it's well coated and juicy looking. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. You could add more oomph to this salad by tossing in white navy beans or chickpeas!