Vegan Comfort Classics: 101 Recipes To Feed Your Face
A fun and irreverent take on vegan comfort food that’s saucy, sweet, sassy, and most definitely deep-fried, from YouTube sensation Lauren Toyota of hot for food.
Vegan Comfort Classics: 101 Recipes to Feed Your Face is a BESTSELLER! The week of release it was the #1 selling cookbook in America according to Nielsen BookScan, ranked in the Top 100 overall books on Amazon.com, and ranked #3 on the Globe and Mail Best Sellers List in Canada.
about the book
In this bold collection of more than 100 recipes, the world of comfort food and vegan cooking collide as Lauren Toyota shares her favorite recipes and creative ways to make Philly cheesesteak, fried chicken, and mac ‘n’ cheese, all with simple vegan ingredients. Never one to hold back, Lauren piles plates high with cheese sauce, ranch, bacon, and barbecue sauce, all while sharing personal stories and tips in her engaging and hilarious voice. The result is indulgent, craveworthy food – like Southern Fried Cauliflower, The Best Vegan Ramen, and Raspberry Funfetti Pop Tarts – made for sharing with friends at weeknight dinners, weekend brunches, and beyond.
so what's in this book anyway?
- 80% brand new, never before seen recipes for the kind of kick-ass gourmet vegan comfort food you’ve come to expect from hot for food
- some of your fave hot for food recipes you’ve come to love and devour
- hot tips from the vegan queen herself on how to transform dishes again and again so nothing goes to waste
- laugh out loud at the stories, tid bits, and sarcasm from your fave vegan
- full color design with photographs for every recipe in the book, plus detailed step by step instructions
- incredibly graphic photos of Lauren Toyota feeding her face (ok, not that graphic, but they’re kinda hot)
what are people saying?
2018 Veggie Awards WINNER for Best Cookbook, VegNews Magazine
Dana Shultz author of Minimalist Baker’s Everyday Cooking
Angela Liddon, New York Times bestselling author of The Oh She Glows Cookbook and Oh She Glows Everyday
Laura Wright, Saveur award-winning food blogger and author of The First Mess Cookbook
Jeanine Donofrio, creator of the popular blog Love & Lemons and author of The Love & Lemons Cookbook
Emily Popp, HelloGiggles
Jenny Rosenstrach, NY Times
Amy Grief, Chatelaine
Karon Liu, The Star
about the author
Lauren Toyota is a former MuchMusic VJ and MTV Canada host and a YouTube sensation. Her channel and blog, hot for food, attract a wide and engaged audience of young people curious about how to make vegan food fast and fun. She lives in Toronto, Canada.